Well, the new iphone app store is on-line, and I am browsing it. I don't have an iPhone yet, but the app store is the most exciting part of the new phone. So far, some of the most interesting ones to pop-up are:
- Melodis. search for music. in particular by singing a tune, or holding the iphone up to a speaker playing the song. Shazam does this too.
- Sound Machine. funny and simple sound effects machine. applause, laughter, zoom away. great example of super simple ap
- A bunch of instrument tuners that work from the microphone
- A full drum kit. predictable, but I'm still psyched for that.
- Nearpic. shows you pictures from panaramio that were taken near where you are standing.
- Signal Scope. A realtime oscilloscope to take input from either microphone or accelerometers. nice. very nice. Same company also makes a signal generator. This is the kind of stuff I want to be seeing more of.